IMPORTANT BENEFITS AND FACTS
Some of the critically important essentials about the World Championships of Performing Arts™ (WCOPA) are:
- WCOPA is often cited as the ONLY “Olympics” for talent (aspiring performing artists) in the world!
- The Olympics is held every four years. WCOPA is held every year!
- Similar to the Olympics, gold, silver and bronze medals are awarded at WCOPA in various age groups and styles of competition plus trophies and plaques are presented to overall winners and grand champions.
- The Olympics awards only medals (i.e. gold, silver and bronze) and does not guarantee any employment, endorsements, management. Like the Olympics, WCOPA does not guarantee employment, endorsements, management as that is up to the one hundred plus entertainment industry reps (i.e. managers, agents, producers, music execs, etc.) who judge, conduct industry seminars and “go-sees” during the 8-day event.
- Like the Olympics, amateurs and professionals may compete at WCOPA.
- As education and training are very important priorities with WCOPA, an unprecedented total of $350,000 USD in scholarships is awarded at WCOPA: $50,000 in scholarships to the famed Millennium Dance Complex and $250,000 USD in scholarships to the esteemed Conservatory of Dramatic Arts for Film and Television in New York.
- The Olympics has an “Opening Ceremonies”! And WCOPA has a colorful Opening Ceremonies’ Parade of Nations in which representatives from the various countries are in beautiful Team costumes with each nation’s flag proudly flown in front of the marching team of talent!
- The Olympics has a “Closing Ceremonies”! The Closing Ceremonies for WCOPA is an exciting live worldwide webcast of the finals pitting the “best of the best” from rounds of eliminations to select the Grand Champions of each competition category and then ultimately the Junior and Senior Grand Champion Performers of the World.
- WCOPA was created to balance the emphasis throughout history on sports and athletes: publicity, promotions, endorsements, scholarships, adulation, broadcasting, merchandising and sponsorships.
- Each year an estimated 75,000 throughout the world apply to be selected to represent their respective nations at WCOPA.
- Official contestants from over 50 countries compete in one or more of six (6) categories of competition: dancing, singing, modeling, instrumentalists, variety arts. The age divisions are: “Junior” (ages 5 – 15) and “Senior” (16 and over).
- Structured as an authentic and massive “Hollywood and New York casting call”, WCOPA affords an experience in terms of education, auditioning, competing, and networking beyond measure and value!
- Performance times of 60 seconds (one minute) are strictly enforced.
- Special emphasis is placed on “entertainment value” during judging. This is no way takes away from the technical aspect of the performances; however, judges are looking for the special charisma and marketability that most successful entertainers have.
- This international meet celebrates its 20th year in “Hollywood at the Beach”, in Long Beach,California Jun 9 – July 19, 2017.
- As the only annual international event of its kind held annually in “Hollywood”, it is posted on the U.S. Department of State intranet.
- WCOPA is a proud member of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau.
- This prestigious worldwide meet is invitation only… contestants around the world must be qualified and invited by licensed Team directors and scouts in order to participate! Just like The Olympics, World Cup, Miss Universe, WCOPA and other legitimate international contests authorize entities in specific countries to recruit, select and operate the respective teams of competitors certified to advance to the final event.